Monday, March 10, 2014

February Favorites

Hi all!  If you follow me on Youtube or Twitter you may have seen my February Favorites video. But like always, I like to talk about them in writing and on camera. Plus, I feel like my return to Youtube video was a bit of a mess, so here is yet another over view of my favorites this past February.


Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (04 Sandstorm)--This is nice, definitely one of the best powders I have purchased from the drugstore. Very affordable and it does give a matte effect, but it can be a bit too powdery. Currently, I am trying to find a more affordable powder other then my holy grail, NARS Loose Powder.  This one does not beat it but it is nice. I did repurchase (all Rimmel is 50% off this week at Walgreens fyi) in one shade up. 

Almay Softies Eye Shadow in Smoke--These are a new product from Almay this spring. They provide a very light wash of color, great for those mornings when you are rushed, they create a nice easy eye look. I know these have mixed reviews but personally I am fan of this shade. I'm not sure I'll purchase anymore but I do recommend this shade.

MAC Welldressed blush--Beautiful, light, sheer blush. I've had this for a while and it's always good to grab when I'm rushed or just want an uber natural look for the day.

ELF Eyelash Curler--It's $1, it's pretty darn good. Pick one up, honestly you cannot go wrong with it!

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive--I mentioned Striking last month and this month it has been a more lighter, more everyday type of color. This entire line of Revlon Colorburst Balm's are very nice. I'm more drawn to the matte ones then the lacquer ones they have.

Mary Kay Make Up Finishing Spray--I can't go with out any type of finishing spray. My skin is oily and it needs a bit more sealing then just a powder. Plus, I find make up sprays really just help blend and set everything for a flawless look. Urban Decay All Nighter has been my go to for years and years (okay, like almost 4) and this is comparable. I'm not sure I like it more but I'm also not sure I like it less then the All Nighter.

VO5 Clarifying Shampoo--Got product build up? Yeah, I hear ya. This helps a bunch, but it is a bit drying. Doing it once a week or when you feel like you need it really helps combat product build up.

Mary Kay Skinvigorating Face Brush--This will get a review on it's own soon. I really like it. It makes your skin feel cleaner and smoother and it makes my skin care routine funner. Please stay tuned for a better in depth review.

And if you're interested...here is my February Favorites video, please watch! 


Thanks for reading.  Please let me know your February Favs in the comments below!

X&O,
Amber



1 comment:

I love comments, leave me one! They make my day! :)